Formation Date: 09.04.13
MISSION OF WOMEN CELL:
- To encourage female students to be self-reliant and economically independent.
- To instill positive self-esteem and confidence in the female students so that they can take the right decision throughout their lives.
- Spreading awareness among the students about the social, legal and constitutional rights of women in order to prevent the exploitation based on gender.
- Making females cognizant about different kinds of violence: sexual, physical and mental and to further equip them with the knowledge and strength to fight against them.
- Creating awareness about the need of gender equality.
- Providing equal career opportunities to all the genders.
- Eliminating deep rooted beliefs of gender bias and discrimination.
OBJECTIVES OF WOMEN CELL:
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To develop the self confidence of women.
- To guide the women about Women Welfare Laws.
- To assert the importance of spiritual, economic, social, and gender equality.
- To highlight the importance of health and hygiene.
- To direct women’s role in the society. To develop multidisciplinary approach for the overall personality development.
- To organize seminars, workshop relating to women development.
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching staff.
- To develop critical thinking ability of women students such that it enhances decision-making ability Women Cell has been formed to resolve issues pertaining to grievances filed by students or staff.
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among girl students at the earliest so that they can be “job givers” rather than “job takers”.
Name of the Teachers’
|Dr. Lakhimi Phukon
|Mrs. Sujata Borkataky
|Dr. Minakshi Dutta Barman
|HOD of Ass Deptt.
|Mrs. Jayashree Baishya
HOD of Eng Deptt.
|Mrs. Geetima Dutta
|Mrs. Rita Dutta
|Writter & Social Worker
|Mrs. Mohini Phukan
Year wise Report:Women Cell Report_11zon