DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Major & Pass Course
The Bachelors Degree in Education has been carefully designed to :
- Develop knowledge and understanding about the philosophical and sociological bases of education;
- Develop ability to understand learner behaviour and personality, and capability to apply this knowledge and understanding to guide learners to learn efficiently and effectively;
- Develop a national perspective about educational theory and practice to enable learners to visualize the inter-linkages and dependency among different educational systems and institutions;
- Develop a working knowledge of ICTs and their application in formal and non-formal systems of education;
- Generate awareness and understanding of some specialized areas of education and human development like special needs of education, curriculum development, environmental education, vocational education, teacher education, elementary education, measurement and evaluation, value education and human responsibility so as to widen the horizon of understanding of modern educational practices and to develop critical thinking pertaining to issues related to education.
- The vision of the Department is to make it academically more rich and bright. Besides, the vision of the Department is to educate and provide quality education to all students for highest academic achievement, enable them to reach and expand their potential and to prepare them to become productive, responsible citizens, ethical, creative and compassionate members of society.
- To prepare human resources so that they can contribute for the society
- To provide a strong theoretical foundation in the field of education to enable the students to face and solve the problems of their real life situations
- To encourage the students to go for field study to understand the various educational problems practically.
- To organize seminars, workshops, group discussions etc. so as to make the students familiar with the recent development in the subject, Education.
- Name of Programme / course offered: (B.A.) CBCS
- H.S. (Arts)
CBCS Honours / Non Honours introduced since 2019
SUBJECT OFFERED IN DEGREE LEVEL:-
Education as a subject has been offering in Degree level as recommended by Dibrugarh University under the three year Degree course which is commonly known as six Semester Degree Course. The CBCS system was introduced since 2019 and a new Syllabus for the CBCS degree course has also been introduced by Dibrugarh University in the same year.
Besides Skill based subject, teaching in Elementary level (TELG) had also being offering in degree level, particularly in 5th and 6th Semester since 2014.
MAJOR SELECTION PROCEEDURE IN THE DEPARTMENT:-
The enrolment into the Major course in Education is done on the basis of merits of the students who apply for Major in Education. Of course, the measures like Orientation Class has been taken to encourage the students at higher secondary level to make choice of Education as Major subject which was introduced in 1995 in this college.